The environmental authority ensures compliance with all laws related to the environment and sustainability. It is also responsible for preparing reports and centralising the management of procedures to obtain authorizations and licenses.
The AMB has become an environmental administrative authority in the metropolitan area of Barcelona.
It performs this function through several procedures:
- Evaluation of environmental license files and formulation of the integrated reports of the Metropolitan Environmental Assessment Body.
- Granting of authorization for discharges of waste water from activities into the municipal (and/or AMB) sanitation network, or directly into treatment plants using tank vehicles.
- Authorizations for connections and repercussions to the metropolitan sanitation network.
- Reports on the discharge of groundwater into the AMB sanitation network.
- Pollution reduction programme.