Transport and mobility
The AMB plans and manages bus networks and other public transports, except for trams.
Its competencies, apart from planning and management, are:
- Collective urban public transport of passengers on the surface, except for trams.
- Provision of metro and underground public transport of passengers.
- Regulation of the taxi service.
- Approval of the Urban Mobility Metropolitan Plan. Definition of the basic metropolitan road network. Participation in traffic management in this network, together with the Catalan Government.
- Planning and management of passenger transportation with tourist and cultural purposes, delegated by town councils.
- Promotion of sustainable transport.
- Management of the Barcelona ring roads.