Campaign in support of acceptance of refugees
Campaign in support of the acceptance of refugees displaced to Europe as victims of armed conflicts in the Mediterranean region.
- Barcelona Metropolitan Area; Catalan Development Cooperation Fund (FCCD)
- Total budget: to be determined (the campaign is ongoing, and funds can still be raised)
AMB budget contribution: 251,492.84 €. Rest of the funding: depends on the contributions of the Catalan city councils associated with the FCCD.
AMB is lending its support to FCCD's campaign in favour of taking in refugees, an effort that is focussed on refugee rights.
AMB's role in the project can be broken down into three major areas:
- Care for displaced persons, both in Syria and in the countries where refugees are initially admitted. Coverage of basic needs: food, health, hygiene, psycho-social care and sea rescues.
RED CROSS Project 2903: HUMANITARIAN SHIPMENTS OF NON-FOOD ITEMS TO SYRIA
- Support for refugee camps and cities housing refugees, with a focus on cooperation between municipalities.
Project to offer support to a job training centre in Saida, Lebanon.
Project to construct a packaging plant in Tripoli, Lebanon.
- Education for global justice within the Barcelona Metropolitan Area: Refugees
Project 2921-Let's aid refugees: prevention of armed conflicts.
Project 2926-Mare Nostrum: local solidarity, dialogue and working together from abroad to build peace.
Project 2930-Open cities, education for integration.
Project 2931-Listening to refugees: Learning how to be, learning how to coexist.