Strategic planning and multilevel governance for a resilient metropolitan area.
- Leader: Medcities, ES
Partners: Ajuntament de Tunis, TN
- Action area:
- Mediterranean-Maghreb . Tunisia
- Waste cycle, Sustainable urban development, Governance, Environmental sustainability
- 2.684.785,54 €
AMB budget: 324.423€ (95% cofinanced)
- In progress
ASIMA TUNIS is a project coordinated by the MedCities network, in partnership with the Municipality of Tunis, the Barcelona Metropolitan Area and Metropolis, as part of the European Commission's program Local Authorities: Partnerships for Sustainable Cities (EuropeAid). It seeks to contribute to the localization and implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG 11, SDG 12, SDG 13 and SDG 17), strengthening the capacities of the Tunis Municipality through the creation of long term partnerships between the city of Tunis and other members of the MedCities and Metropolis networks, as well as those of other Tunisian municipalities, towards an improved sustainable urban waste management and multilevel governance.The projects specific objectives are:
- To strengthen multilevel governance in the city of Tunis through the articulation of metropolitan actors that revolve around a common city strategy
- To increase the resilience of the city of Tunis in face of metropolitan waste management challenges through experimental interventions that emanate from strategic planning
- To promote partnerships for increased project impact and its contribution to national urban policy and regional and global urban sustainable development initiatives.