Lines of action
In terms of economic development, the AMB has the general competency of fostering economic activity, and promoting job creation and entrepreneurship in the areas of industry, trade, services and tourism resources.
Consequently, the AMB assumes, as a priority areaa within its territorial jurisdiction and influence, the promotion of economic activity, and encourages and coordinates initiatives for economic recovery and job creation concerning to the international projection, investment and talent attraction, and those actions supporting entrepreneurs and the generation and improvement of productive land and infrastructures for competitiveness.
Within such framework, the aim of the management area of the Economic Development Department is promoting job creation and entrepreneurship, and doing so according to the following sectoral objectives:
- Strengthening Barcelona brand as a representative seal for the international promotion of the entire metropolitan area, encouraging shared platforms of public - private partnership.
- Cooperating and technically assisting city councils in different territorial areas, and activity sectors, as well as creating the Metropolitan Agency of Economic Enhancement, so as to improve and coordinate initiatives and actions of economic recovery and job creation, especially linked to job intensive sectors in which Barcelona has a good position internationally, and to sectors with international, investment capture and talent recruitment, and generation of areas and spaces for the development of economic activities and infrastructures created to improve the economic competitiveness of the region.
Functional objectives and measures
Four objectives and twelve actions
- 1. Coordination of activities related to economic development with organisations and agents that carry out economic promotional activities in the AMB area.
- Coordination of activities with all those responsible organisations and agents for the economic development of each metropolitan municipality, as well as the main agents acting within such scope (Trade Fair, Chambers of Commerce, ACCIÓ, social agents, etc.).
- Coordination of activities and information with the AMB Strategic Planning area, the IERMB and the PEMB (Metropolitan Strategic Plan of Barcelona), and establishment of contacts with other economic areas.
- Identification of areas of priority action and establishment of an action plan for the development of activities in these areas.
- 2. Incorporation, in a technological platform maintaining the independence in the management, of the existing services of the different administrations and economic development agents, and creation of new ones under the Barcelona brand, in order to strengthen it and give it more visibility as a reference offer of qualitative services
- Mapping the universe of economic development, services/agents within our sphere of action.
- Agreement about what new products and services will be integrated under the existing Barcelona brand, regardless of its origin.
- Agreement about what new products and services will be created in terms of economic development.
- 3. Creation of the Metropolitan Agency of Economic Enhancement, in order to promote and coordinate initiatives and actions of economic recovery and job creation.
- Legal and administrative definition of the management tool used by the Metropolitan Agency of Economic Enhancement or for the economic development. Preparation of reports, researches and proposed regulations, statutes and/or institution of criteria for measurement and control of the Agency. Proposal to government bodies.
- Preparation of the detailed action plan of the Metropolitan Agency of Economic Enhancement, including the establishment of measurement and control criteria of the economic development evolution in the AMB, the development of specific plans (logistics, investment recruitment, simplification of procedures and administrative authorizations), and the creation of the dashboard on the economic evolution of the metropolitan area.
- Creation and development of plans known as "Observatory of the service quality of management in companies" and "Observatory of the service quality of supplies in companies".
- Facilitation of municipal coordination in terms of active employment policies, experiences exchange and improvement of training programs to increase employability.
- 4. Creation of the services coordination portal Invest in Barcelona
- Creation of the services coordination portal Invest in Barcelona in such a way that it allows the incorporation of some of the existing services– Barcelona brand positioning in the web and 2.0/3.0 – Creation of the engine searcher "Does Barcelona have what you need?" – Creation of the working group "Managers of investors".
- Creation of new products or services associated with the agency and the services coordination portal: Preparation of a development plan of chosen services to serve the AMB in terms of economic development – Research of the creation of an Investment Fund or Venture Capital Fund to support investment in key projects – Preparation and development of "the industrial estates map".